If you dread planning parties because of the anxiety is causes, check out the following tips for stress-free party planning.
1. Make lists and use them. One of the easiest ways the avoid a lot of stress while planning a party is to make lists. Create lists for items you need to buy, things you need to do, people you want to invite, etc. Not only will this help you stay organized, but it will give you a sense of accomplishment when you start crossing things off.
2. Invite fewer people. This can be difficult, but it can be a sure-fire way to keep your stress level down, while planning and during the festive event. (If you are one of those people that is energized by being surrounded by a massive group of people, you can disregard this tip!)
3. Keep decorations to a minimum. Less is more when it comes to party decor. In my opinion. Choose a few items to be your focal points (like a banner and/or centre pieces) and skip the extra frills. This will save you quite a bit of time when setting up.
4. Accept help when it’s offered. Or ask for it! There is no need for you to run around like in a frazzle when capable hands are nearby. Find things that you can delegate and share some of the party planning to-do’s
5. Don’t try to live up to the expectations of others. This is the most important tip you should remember. Whether the expectations are spoken, implied or perceived, they can be a heavy burden to bear. On the same note, avoid the comparison trap. Both of these will sap your joy in the blink of an eye.
Are you read to plan a party now? I hope these ideas will provide less stress and more fun in your party planning adventure.